I love a good happy hour. I mean, what's not to like? It's an "hour" of the day that's devoted to eating delicious appies while drinking adult beverages and enjoying good company so, yeah, it's kind of my favorite thing to do! But even though happy hour typically means more affordable prices, sometimes it's hard to justify going out for happy hour, especially if you have an appetite for tasty appetizers and adult beverages like I do.
Which is why I find myself these days embracing and, quite honestly, preferring the "home happy hour." Let me just name all the ways the "home happy hour" wins the happy hour game:
- Sweats and slippers are involved.
- Forget uncomfortable bar stools or those uncomfortable metal chairs, you can enjoy your appies and beverage while lounging on your own couch.
- Say "bubyeeee" to noisy, overcrowded restaurants and "hello, lover" to your warm, cozy home.
- Your bank account will thank you. Trust me.
- You get the joy and satisfaction of entertaining your friends by putting that Pinterest-y bar cart to use (for once) and showing off your cooking skills.
So now that we're clear on the home happy hour totally winning on many levels, it's time to bring your A-game with an appetizer that is easy to make, completely affordable and downright delicious. Introducing the star of your next home happy hour menu, prosciutto wrapped asparagus.